Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First of the threes - an assessment

They say that when you quit smoking the hardest parts are the threes:

Three hours - check
Three days - check
Three weeks
Three months.

As of 9:30 this morning I will have been exactly 72 hours sans delicious but stinky cigarette. Since September sixth I've had 2 glasses of wine and a half a bottle of coors light - way down from my average of 3 glasses of wine/night. Shockingly, I haven't been sleeping so hot.

As of last night at 10:30 I had finished the first sleeve cable on the Keplar sweater, setting up the heel in my 2nd knee sock and a total of 12 repeats on the Clapotis. Knitting: check.

J is holding up under the enormous weight of my complete lack of patience and random rage. The side effect 'they' don't tell you about would be the decreased interest in getting it on. Am tired and cranky and obsessed with knitting and keeping my hands busy....waaaait a second!

When all is said and done I can still feel my legs so I guess it isn't all that bad. I can't wait til the three week mark. Maybe I'll be able to have a boozehag night without wanting to smoke. Dare to dream.

2 comments:

aviva said...

what are you up to tonight? i'm going to the farmer's market near me. want to chill out and knit?

Jen said...

oh crap....i don't know when you left that message but that's pretty much all i want to do right now - we'll set something up.

xo
jen