Monday, October 25, 2010

Hard to pick just one moment

Three years ago today I became a mother.
Our family is more than the walls that we live in because of that day 3 years ago.
Our family has been increased by the love of a community who has become our family.
We have been tied and anchored to the roots of our family tree by this little sapling.
The magic in the world around us has become unavoidable.
All of the magic.
Cold snowy days and gloomy rainy afternoons give us the time to chill out and get silly at home.
You have always wanted to step just a little further away from where you are.
When you were just 3 days old I didn't think I could ever put you down.
It is still shocking to me that I haven't eaten you up, I love you so.

I suppose there is still time. Don't get too comfortable my Heart.

9 comments:

Kristan said...

Ugh! I LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. My dried-out, tired, traveled out heart just swelled with so much pride. Happy Birthday Fenner! Your Aunty Liz loves you so dearly.

canknitian said...

Happy birthday Fenner! Happy family all of you!

BIG HUG,
j

Debra-Anne Barnes said...

Happy Birthday Fenner! I love ya! Jen and Jason way to go bake the most genius kid ever! Big Hugs!

xooxox Debbers

HANG TEN!

char-char said...

we want another one, just like the other one, we... want... more!!! we want more, more, more, raise the score, score, score. We want more (cha,cha,cha), raise the score (cha, cha, cha)!!!!!
just kidding! love the pictures, love the family.

char-char said...

p.s. love the cleavage in the first picture

char-char said...

killing time to the end of the day

Yvette said...

Happy birthday little Fenner. Such a well loved girl!
Jen, I know exactly what you mean about the family community. Powerful stuff. Thanks for the beautiful post.

AlisonH said...

Okay, you already know this, but--she's so *cute*!